Sometimes you need more than just a fashion copywriter
Sometimes you need more than just a clothing copywriter
If your clothing line is mature or otherwise well-branded, then a good-to-great fashion copywriter or sportswear copywriter will suffice. But if you’re launching a new line of fashion or apparel, you need someone who can help you make crucial branding decisions about your positioning, differentiation, value proposition, and more.
In that regard, you are at a place where you need comprehensive marketing communications help than can’t be achieved with a conventional copywriter. Consider these questions:
- Is your clothing line a lifestyle choice (fun & sexy a la Venus Sportswear), or naughty & sultry (like Victoria’s Secret) or fashion-forward (think Vogue), or sturdy & practical (similar to Lands’ End), or aspirational for blue-collar moms (like Colony Brand’s Monroe & Main)?
- What is the demographic? What is the psychographic?
- Why should the customer buy from you rather than the competition? Who is that competition?
- What should the voice be? Fun & whimsical? Sultry & sexy? Practical? Fashion forward? Aspirational?
- What position do you want to carve out of your marketplace? High end? Value? Middle tier?
Can we help you?
- We are a quick study when it comes to a clothing catalog’s voice and points of differentiation, so we are a go-to source for many fashion catalogs when they need a clothing copywriter to help with their overflow.
- Also—working with your internal AD or CD —we can overhaul your clothing catalog’s copy to change its voice and/or make it internally consistent.
- In relation to (2), we can be your clothing catalog copywriter for two or three cycles, mentoring or editing your junior staff until they internalize the new voice, at which time you can “take it internal” and bid us adieu.
Email us for more information.
Have a pithy comment or insight about this topic? Please add it below.