Copywriting for SEO
What is SEO Copywriting?
And why in the world would you need a Madison SEO Copywriter?
While it is easy enough to develop a list of SEO keywords intuitively or empirically, it takes considerable skill to integrate them into your website copy without denigrating your message, diminishing readability, or otherwise sounding contrived and insincere.
Expertly ideated, written, and arranged content must accommodate your SEO keywords while nonetheless describing and promoting your positioning, differentiation, features, benefits, and the other constituents of your brand.
For these reasons you would do well to hire a professional website copywriter to develop your website content and information architecture, and by that we do not mean “an English major with a flair for writing.” Instead:
Better: your SEO website content copywriter should be a marketing professional who can help you identify and articulate these concepts before putting pencil to paper—metaphorically speaking.
Best: your SEO website content copywriter should also be familiar with the art, science, and language of your technology, engineering, medical, financial, or similarly esoteric enterprise. (BTY, we know someone like that.)
Three rules about SEO copywriting & content:
- Your website content needs to be findable: having enough and the right kind of SEO keywords so that anyone looking for your kind of product or service is likely to see your website after typing his probable search terms into Google. E.g. “Madison high-tech copywriter.”
- Your website content needs to be motivating: persuading the visitor to pick up the phone or otherwise be induced to “learn more” about what you do, how you do it, and how you do it better than any of your competitors (e.g., your expertise, positioning, differentiation, features, benefits, case studies, testimonials, and more.)
- Your website content needs to be “share-worthy” and “bookmark-worthy:” search engines will rank your website higher if it is the origin of content that gets shared and/or bookmarked.
How to develop an SEO keyword list:
There are basically three ways to develop your SEO keyword list:
- Intuitively: logically conjuring what search terms your target audience is likely using to find your kind of product or service on the Internet.
- Empirically: researching what search terms people have actually been using when they happen across your website or websites similar to it—and you might be surprised.
- An SEO specialist: hiring a person or a firm specializing in keyword analyses across the Internet for creating a list best suited to your enterprise.
Please let us also tell you about our Madison marketing agency in regard to:
- Copywriting for Technology and Manufacturing
- Copywriting For Science
- Copywriting For Engineering and Electronics
- Copywriting For Fashion & Apparel