Copywriting for Clothing
Need a catalog copywriter, clothing copywriter, or fashion copywriter?
Coincidentally—maybe even weirdly—both principals of barodine marketing have backgrounds in fashion & apparel.
- Susan H. Dineen is an experienced catalog editor, accomplished tailor, student of clothing construction, and actually studied that stuff as an undergraduate. If you appreciate the precision required for garment patterning and manufacture, then you can understand her short hop from apparel to science & engineering.
- Stephen G. Barone is an experienced catalog copywriter for clothing. He grew up in New York City’s garment center, where his family owned a company on Seventh Avenue that made wedding dresses and formal gowns. Alas, gone now, the manufactory was actually on Ninth Avenue in midtown.
Our experience as clothing copywriters:
- We have been clothing catalog copywriters for fashion catalogs that require an aspirational voice to sell fashion-forward garments
- And we have been clothing catalog copywriters for apparel catalogs positioning themselves around classic style, durability, comfort, value, etc.
To quote one Creative Director:
“It is very fun and rewarding to collaborate with Stephen. His style is remarkably chameleon-like, whether we are addressing an older, educated market, or a younger care-free twenty-something. He does a good job of keeping a consistent voice that is on brand and very specific to whichever demographic we are targeting. He has always been flexible and very attentive to corrections and critiques. In our case, comments and edits come from several departments within the company. He listens carefully to each person’s perspective and incorporates their thoughts creatively. Stephen has always made his deadlines. The best thing about Stephen Barone? He is on brand and on time.” [Contact us if you need to know who said it.]
Can we do something for you?
- We are a quick study when it comes to a clothing catalog’s voice and points of differentiation, so we are a go-to source for many fashion catalogs when they need a clothing copywriter to help with their overflow.
- Also—working with your internal AD or CD —we can overhaul your clothing catalog’s copy to change its voice and/or make it internally consistent.
- In relation to (2), we can be your clothing catalog copywriter for two or three cycles, mentoring or editing your junior staff until they internalize the new voice, at which time you can “take it internal” and bid us adieu.
Please let us also tell you about our Madison marketing agency in regard to: